Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Photo shoot? Me? HA!

It all started when I got an e-mail from Jenny Phillips' assistant, announcing our upcoming firesides, etc. (I sing with her choir, I'll post more about that another time). At the bottom of the e-mail, she wrote that she had a friend who was working on a photography project and was wanting a few people who would be willing to have headshots/ portraits taken. I was intrigued and checked out her website at IslandBelle Photography by KristaMaurer.com. Surprised and impressed by how professional and established she was, I signed up. Honestly, I probably would have signed up even if she wasn't so talented because, well, it sounded fun. And it was! How often does a frumpy house mom get dressed up and go play model? I feel fancy just going out without carrying a big diaper bag. I didn't expect for it to be such a rejuvenating experience for me. Krista is awesome (the instant friend type) and made posing feel almost natural. :) I asked about her connection to Jenny Phillips and was told that she was a member of the choir for a while as well as one of the directors at Deseret Book. It's great that a photographer as good as she, continues to go out of her way to perfect her craft. I got a disk with the pictures on it in the mail yesterday with a very thoughtful note included.

Here is a video of the pictures: (Not sure why they look pixalated here)


A couple weeks back I was reading the blog of a new favorite singer of mine, Mindy Gledhill. She posted pictures from a concert she did in Mesa and credited them to Krista Maurer! Cool. So, I searched for Krista's name on Mindy's blog. Turns out she was Mindy's publicist for several years and then was the executive producer for one of her benefit concerts as well as a benifet concert for Nie (Nie is a woman who survived a airplane crash where 80% of her body was burned. She, mostly through her blog, has become well-known for her enthusiasm and stamina amidst hardship). Turns out Krista also was commissioned by Karl Malone to make a quilt for him out of his old jerseys (see here). Krista is a writer, illustrator, photographer, singer, handmade etsy boutique owner, seamstress and does a whole lot of consulting. Wow, she's the most multi talented person I've ever met. And I just thought you might want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment